Our family

Our family

Friday, April 20, 2012

A whirlwind week!!

So my last post was done the Friday before Passover/Easter, so before I start my new post, I thought I'd first include a picture of Kinsey in her Sunday finest with her first little Easter basket (thank you Mamaw) :)



I had such great plans to make an awesome Passover meal for us and the boys, but it all went downhill as soon as we realized that there is no dang Matzah in Utah!! We went to 3 different stores, all to no avail. Ridiculous. Anyway, we ended up going to church for the first time on Sunday and the whole time all I could think was, "Please don't wake up, please don't wake up!" And guess what, she didn't!! :) It worked out great, even though every time another baby would start to cry my heart would jump like crazy!

The boys (Jared, Luke, and Jeff) stayed with us for 8 days and it was quite a trip! Unfortunately we couldn't hang out as much as last time since Kinsey requires a little more of my attention, but I think we had a great time. They were SUPER good with her and she really liked them, of course. They pretty much went skiing/snowboarding every day except one, and on that day they did a 10 mile hike...in the snow! They are insane, I wish I had half of their energy. But it was nice for J and I to be able to hit the slopes again with them, even if only for 2 hours each, and even if I was on my butt half the time...they do some insane skiing! Here are some pics from their trip...


Sweet song they made up for her 0:)




Enjoying some yumminess at Iggy's :)




Ummmm....?




We went up to Park City with our neighbors, Brian and Brie, for dinner one night at one of our favorite places, Bandits. Unbelievable nachos!! :) And Kins did great as per usual :)






Keeping these boys fed is quite the challenge! Look what they made for breakfast one morning...this plate is just Luke's alone! (It took 3 spatchulas to flip the bottom pancake. Ridic.)






Preparing for their 10 mile hike - GO GATORS ;)


And finally chillaxin ;)

It was sad to see them go, but as soon as they left, my brother came to visit. We are in the process of making a video for Ring Cling, and Taylor was a big part of that. It was a whirlwind trip, but I think (and hope) that we accomplished our goal!


Here is a little teaser for the video....


Taylor wasn't too into the whole baby thing, but we were able to snap one shot of him with his niece :)


The weather has been beautiful here lately, and I'm so glad to finally be wearing shorts and flip flops!! We even got to take Kinsey for some nice walks together and enjoy some time out on our back deck :)

And now, for some precious Daddy Daughter moments that I've captured :)






She has been cooing like crazy these days! It's so much fun, she tries to talk to us. Here is the first time she really tried to talk...


SOOO precious :) She was focused!



So I can't believe this all went down in one week....what a busy one it was!! And the day Taylor left (Sunday), we left that night for San Diego! That trip will be included in the next blog post...don't want to overwhelm anyone with one huge post!

No comments:

Post a Comment