The flight goes by without a hitch, we get to Chicago and get to see everyone/meet Jack. Get a few babysitters, eat some awesome food, get drinks!, play with the babies, and go for some runs. In reality, however, we have a 7 month old and were staying with a 6 month old. Although they are excellent babies, everything is twice as crazy, takes twice as long, and no matter how great it is to have a babysitter at night - they still wake up at 6:30 am (5:30 am our time) ready to play!! So, Jordan and I were a little sleep deprived and a smidge exhausted, but we are so glad we went. We got some great pictures and had so much seeing everyone!
We had to wake Kinsey up at 4:15 am on Saturday morning to make our flight in time, and we still almost missed it!! J dropped us and our 80 lbs worth of luggage off to check our bag and get through security while he parked the car. No big deal, except that we arrived at the airport 40 min before our plane took off, oh - and the fact that the economy lot bus BROKE DOWN while Jordan was on it. Perfect. Anyway, he ended up running fast enough so that even though he was that last really annoying guy that holds the plane up, he made it!
The ride went great, Kins was a trooper and we met a super nice guy on the way there that we chatted up the whole time. He's a pediatric dentist here in UT, so maybe Kinsey will get to see him again! (We are FB friends with him now...haha, I know - totally weird)
![]() |
| Kinsey was decked out in Gator Gear supporting her team!! |
| Cutest toosh I've ever seen :) |
![]() |
| Getting acquainted ;) |
| All growed up :) |
| Getting ready to go out! |
![]() | |
| Please excuse Jordan's pants...I did not let him out of the house like that :P PS - check out my shoes...$25 from Ross and I'm in LOVE. |
| <3 span="span">3> |
| YUMMY!! |
3rd: We then set off on our drunken walk home, however randomly passed a Fire Station, so, of course, we had to go in. This pic is ridiculous so I apologize in advance. It's weird that I'm a mom and yet still find it fun to jump on fire trucks and take dumb pictures.
The next morning the kids were ready to play bright and early and, although Jordan and I both felt like death, we got to capture some really cute play time on the floor.
| They look patriotic, but really they are just Cubs fans :) |
On Monday, Dale and Jess had the day off, but Josh and Alli had to go back home...so we had a quick brunch followed by the smiliest photo shoot of two little babies you've ever seen. So. Much. Fun.
![]() |
| Playing footsies while waiting for our table |
| The adults. So nice to be together again! |
![]() |
| Words don't even describe the cutness. But why the hell does Jack think he can keep feeling Kinsey up?!?! And in front of her daddy none the less! |
After brunch we met up with Rachel, Joe, and Kara at the Chicago Botanical Gardens. Beautiful spot, and other than sweating like Whitney Houston while "not on crack because crack is cheap" and getting approached by old bitties telling us how to raise our children...it was a great time! And we all got lots of great family pics - thanks to Dale and his tripod. Hmm. That sounds creepy.
![]() |
| What a fun day 0:) |
![]() |
| So sweet :) |
![]() |
| Kara is a doll! |
On Tuesday, Dale and I decided to be weekend warriors and go for a long run through the city. What a fantastic idea! Jordan got to stay home with the kids, and by "got to" I mean, "had to" and while he was changing diaper blowouts and holding 30 lbs worth of babies, D and I got a whole tour of Chicago via foot. So nice - I did 11 miles and he did 15 total (I had to cab it back when I looked at the time and saw Kinsey needed to be fed in 10 minutes...ahh, the joys of nursing).
We took it easy the rest of the day and on Wednesday we packed up and headed home. But not before taking naked pics of the kids for use as blackmail when they are older ;)












Tripod... Haha
ReplyDelete