The last two days with her have been SO much fun! I guess everyday is, but these past two days I've really been in awe of her. I can't believe how fast she is growing up and progressing, and so my post today will be all about the happenings in Kinsey's life, as well as her growth and changes.
So here we go. At 14 months, Kinsey is walking around like she owns the place. Her first real steps alone were on March 2nd. I had been putting her in front of our full-length mirror and telling her to step while stepping for her and just holding on to the back of her pants. It didn't take long for her to catch on, and now she is a pro. She does still like to be held at times, but I love to watch the independence that she has gained through this new milestone.
Walking has also come at a great time! It's starting to warm up here and I see many trips to the park in our future.
Right now she totally loves balls. Get your mind out of the gutter. She loves footballs, basketballs, dodge balls, little toy balls, pointing to balls in books. You name it, this girl loves it.
![]() |
| Here she is cleaner than ever after romping around the garage with a basketball for an hour :) Thank goodness those pants were only like $5. |
We usually eat a waffle and yogurt for breakfast. She loves feeding herself the yogurt...until she sees daddy making the waffle. And then she turns into Aunt Courtney and gets a little impatient for her waffle to be served ASAP.
| Her aim is slightly off, but it's the effort that matters :) |
Monday, Thursday, and Friday Jordan and I just rush around getting her and ourselves ready for work. Those mornings aren't really worth writing about. It's Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings that are the best!! Tuesday we usually do a playdate or go to Story Time at the library in the mornings, although now that it's warming up I think we might start doing Tot Time at the Dimple Dell Pool for an hour. Wednesday we drive up to Kaysville and go trampolining with our friends Christy and Colter.
Boy does she love that! This girl is freaking BRAVE. The higher we throw her, the steeper the slide, the harder the body slam, the funnier she thinks it is. Roughhousing is pretty much her favorite thing: pillow fights on the bed, tossing her on the couch, throwing her in foam pits. We have such a blast with it.
She loves when Jordan and I make goofy faces and noises and of course, she loves being tickled! Her favorite movie continues to be Tangled, and everytime she sees Rapunzel - whether on a book or DVD cover, she lights up!
We still love climbing the stairs, and, well climbing on anything really, but our new favorite thing is to get into the cabinets!! Who knew that cabinets could be so much fun? In the bathroom, in the kitchen, she is all about throwing everything that she can out. It slows me down a little, but it's pretty darn cute and funny.
![]() |
| Look how proud she is :) |
As for communication, she gets an A+. For someone who can't really speak, she sure does let us know exactly what she does and doesn't want. She does a lot of pointing and squealing, and now that she can walk, she goes wherever she wants to. When she gets excited she screams really loud and high pitched, which is AWESOME at the library.
My favorite thing that she loves to do these days is to give kisses. She gives kisses to everything. No, seriously, everything. Yesterday she was walking around the house giving her fake corn-on-the-cob kisses. It's so precious! But of course I love it the most when she gives Jordan and I kisses. On the shoulder, on the head, wherever. It's amazing :)
Sleeping-wise, she is down to one nap a day for about 2 hours and it has been working great with our schedule. And she still goes to bed around 7pm and sleeps until about 6:30-7am. I'll take it.
Lastly, here are some pictures from the park yesterday that are just BANANAS. I couldn't believe as I was watching her just how much she has grown and changed in this last year. 1 year ago she could pretty much just eat, sleep, and poop. And now she is a little person, running around and exploring all that the world has to offer...deer poop included. Oh how I love her and want to soak up everyday. She's going to be a teenager before I know it. Now I'm crying. Perfect.
![]() |
| "I LOVE MULCH!!!" |
![]() |
| Exploring :) |
![]() |
| Good Heavens, how stinking cutsy is she?? |














No comments:
Post a Comment