Our family

Our family

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Let's Raise a Glass

I'm dedicating this post to all my homies.  Actually, I'm referring specifically to my Utah homies.  Of course we still love our FL friends more than words can say, but I think it's high time I dedicated a post to our Utah support system. 

Those people who make our lives better on a daily basis, who hang out with us even though we aren't that cool, and most of all, those people that love Kinsey and treat her so well.  This is in no particular order...you are all equally as awesome :)

1.  Shannon "Shasha" and Jake:



We have been SOOO blessed to have Jake and Shannon living with us (and no, not in a "Sister Wives" kind of way FL people)!! We all absolutely adore them but Kinsey has been especially connected to Shannon, even from the beginning.  And Shannon goes out of her way all the time to make our lives better - like making us dinner on a semi-regular basis, watching the monitor so Jordan and I can go on dates or walks, and leaving us little goodies like these:




And the talking that the two of us can do! I know, surprising that I would talk a lot.  But seriously, Kinsey and I go down there for a "second" on a daily basis and come back upstairs two hours later.  One day we will run out of things to talk about, but somehow I don't see that happening anytime soon. 0:)

The most recent awesome thing she did was surprise us at Kinsey's first haircut which was on 9/23/13. We walked into Cookie Cutters, and she, Jake and Bennett walk in right behind us! Shasha even brought Kinsey a new puzzle to help distract her...she obviously knew the first-time mom (Me) would be totally unprepared :P I think from the looks of these photos Kinsey held it together pretty well ;) -Insert sarcasm-


Jake decided to partake in the fun as well and the following mohawk creation ensued:


How handsome is he?? We love you guys - don't ever leave us!! ;)

2. Ms. Emily:



Ms. Emily has been babysitting Kinsey since she was 5 months old and Kinsey adores her.  Like, to the point where she would rather be held by Emily 90% of the time we are with her!! It's ok, I've only cried twice because of this ;)  Seriously, I feel so lucky to have someone like Emily that I know Kinsey loves and has so much fun with.  Whenever we need someone to watch Kinsey she is the first person I go to and I don't think Kins has ever had a bad day when Emily is around.  She even came and picked up Kinsey the other day when I was sick so that she could go to Kindermusik and even though I felt like death, Kinsey didn't miss a beat in her day.  We appreciate you so much Emily - thank you for being so wonderful to our little girl!! :)

3. Collin and Sara, Clint and Christy:



The gorgeous couples you see above.  We have become quite the little posse and the 6 of us get along so well.  You wouldn't know it if you ever saw Collin and I discuss politics - the red faces and loud screams mask the appreciation we really have for each other ;)   

And our kids!!! They play together so well, and I am incredibly thankful that Kinsey has such sweet and happy little kids to grow up with.



See?  Have you ever seen 3 cuter, dirtier little faces?  


Love these kids :)

I didn't think so.

Here are some recent pics from the Aquarium trip we took a few weeks ago.  Collin couldn't be sweeter to Kins and I love how she cuddles on him when my arms, although extremely strong, are just too tired to hold her any longer :)  


Thank you all for being so wonderful to our family.  3 years ago when we moved across the country without a friend or family member within hundreds of miles we never imagined we'd soon be surrounded by such amazing, fun people.  We love you guys and hope that one day we can be as lovely to you guys as you have been to us.

This quote says it better than I ever could:

"Here's to you and here's to me,
Friends may we always be!
But, if by chance we disagree,
Up yours! Here's to me!" ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment