Our family

Our family

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Our spooky little fish...

This Halloween turned out to be a great one.  I'm pretty sure that Kinsey was still slightly confused by all the hoop-la, but the good news is that she was just too overwhelmed to be upset by any of it :)

We had a great time starting off the season by carving pumpkins with Shannon and Jake.  I'm not sure that they were anything to be proud of, but we had a good time doing it.


I sort of planned Kinsey's Halloween costume about 4 months prior to the actual holiday itself.  I'm a last-minute, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of mom.

Since that was the case and about 4 months ago Kinsey was sort of completely obsessed with Finding Nemo, I decided that she would be Nemo for Halloween.  I was in luck because they do make Nemo costumes for little kids, complete with "special" fin and all.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find an adult Dori costume, so I had to settle for dressing as Darla, the psychopathic fish killer girl.  And Jordan was the dentist, equipped with his coffee mug and Reader's Digest of course.



We went to Collin, Sara, and Avery's house (who now have their new addition, Nolan! Congrats guys!) for the festivities.



Our kids were super cute and it was fun to watch them say "Trick or Treat!"...or "Tik r Tee" as it may have actually sounded. 



All was well with the world until some a-hole made the awesome decision of coming to his door to greet 1 year old Nemo and 2 year old Minnie Mouse with a mask on and chain saw in hand.  It will take years of therapy to undo that damage.

I need to explain the second picture.  Sara (the cow) was about 39 weeks pregnant here and as she can no longer reach her feet, her loving husband, Collin (Old McDonald), was there to save the day.
Afterwards we hung out and enjoyed the chocolates of our labor. 


Can't wait to see what these cuties will be next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment