Now don't take that as a complaint. It is most definitely not. It's just a little awkward when I realize after Kinsey has jumped on my stomach a few times that...oh! wait, don't do that. Hopefully there is no long-term damage occurring.
The one time a day that I definitely don't forget is when I get dressed. Good heavens! Men will never understand what it's like to be living the same life as before, and still watch your belly get bigger and bigger everyday.
Speaking of this, is it possible to have a fight with yourself and win? Who is the real winner then? I recently fought with myself and was defeated...I'm still not sure exactly how that happened.
You see, the fight was about working out. Since February of 2013 I have been going to a training facility called Lyceum religiously, and I LOVE it!!! The trainers, Jesse and Trish, worked wonders for me and I couldn't get enough. I even did a video for them, and while I'm by no means the picture of workout perfection, it was fun to make! http://vimeo.com/73249241
Well, I wanted to continue that workout through my pregnancy as I've seen other girls do it. OK, one other girl. But still.
Not that I'm competitive or anything, but if she can do it, so can I darn it!! I was determined to be this chick:
Well, maybe not. She kind of freaks me out.
But you get the point. In my head, I'm hard core and I can work out just as hard when I'm pregnant as I did before! Or not. Turns out, myself and I got into a big fight and our daily struggle for the last 4 weeks went something like this:
"Go to the gym!"
"But the couch feels so good."
"Go to the gym!"
"But I'd rather cuddle and watch a movie. Plus, it's winter, my belly is growing out of control anyway!"
ETC ETC.
Well, guess who won. The couch-loving, snuggling, lazy, no-good, son-of-a-gun side of me that I usually ignore with ease. Oh well. The fight is over, and you may have won the battle, but I've won the war!!
That was awkward and made no sense.
The point is that although I'm still very active playing with Kins and working, I will be taking a slight hiatus from the workouts I love so much.
I have had no unusual cravings (after being pregnant twice now, my belief that those even exist is fading) and have been living life as usual chasing Kinsey around and working 15 hrs/week.
I guess I do have one thing to complain about if I dig deep. I've had the pleasure of experiencing pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear semi-regularly. As reassuring as it is to hear your own pulse and know that you are, in fact, alive...it can be about as annoying as hearing Kinsey say my name approximately 40 times in a one minute period. Not that she ever does that, of course. I'm speaking metaphorically here.
Jordan and I went to my 20 week ultrasound appointment on Monday and everything is going as planned.
![]() |
| Since this baby has had about 12 ultrasounds (I can't help myself!) I have lots of pics from early on. It's amazing how a human can start out as barely visible and measure 0.6 cm at one point! |
She...yes, I said SHE, is growing normally, has a good heartbeat, and is overall the picture of health :) I am SO excited to give Kinsey a little sister...something that I have always wanted. There is no greater bond than that between sisters and although I'm sure there will be a few scuffles over the typical girl problems, I am so happy to know that they will always have each other.
Jordan and I are incredibly excited to welcome this new baby in June! I have so many fears and worries about how Kinsey will transition, lack of sleep, and how I will somehow be the mother of TWO, but I know that everything will fall into place once she has arrived. Now we have to think of names! Suggestions welcome ;)





YAY! Congrats! One more thing we have in common ;) To be completely honest, there were crickets in the room during the ultrasound when we found out we were having another girl. Then after a couple of days of it sinking in, I couldn't imagine it any other way! I don't think crazy cravings actually exist either. I think it's more of a craving striking at the most random time/out of nowhere. & very urgent. Like, oh look--I'm totally craving french fries and want them RIGHT! NOW! OR I WILL DIE! I'm glad you're feeling well. My time of *forgetting* I'm pregnant seems like such a distant memory haha, and I've kinda, sorta, totally given up on working out. Keeping up with Emmy is hard enough, and to be honest there are no good prenatal yoga or workout classes around. I've looked around...bummer! Anywhoo... now that I've written a book on your blog... ;)
ReplyDelete