My final blog post as a mother of 1 and a family of 3.
I have exactly 2 days left until this little girl makes her appearance. How do I know it'll be exactly 2 days? Well, lucky for me, my due date happens to fall on the same day as my OB's birthday. -Insert sarcasm-
So Dr. Froerer (who I'm obsessed with, which is kind of weird, but I don't care) has therefore agreed to induce me on Tuesday, June 24th, two days early so that I don't go into labor when he has taken time off. Some people may not understand why it's so important for me to have him deliver, but to put it politely....there are only two men allowed down there. One is Jordan, the other is Dr. Froerer. Understand it or not, that's just how it is. I'm not trying to reenact a scene from "Knocked Up" and have some weirdo try to deliver my baby.
Having a 6-7 lb living creature emerge from your woman parts is scary enough without adding some random stranger to the mix.
Although I also wanted to have the same nurse who helped deliver Kinsey, unfortunately she isn't working that day. BUT, the good news is that I can get Mindy, a different nurse but one that is equally as awesome. I may request nurses and days to deliver my babies, but I still consider myself low-maintenance :P
At my last appointment on Friday, I was dilated to 3 cm and Dr. Froerer actually told me that I "have a good cervix" so he is totally fine inducing me on Tuesday. Telling a pregnant woman that she has a "good cervix" is pretty much the equivalent of telling a non-pregnant woman that she has awesome abs. I left that appointment feeling like a rockstar and ready to get this show on the road!
Jordan and I won't have any family coming in until the 26th, so it'll just be our little family for the first 2 days. Shannon has been gracious enough to keep Kinsey for us on Tuesday and will be bringing her to us after naptime, assuming that her baby sister has arrived and all is well. I feel a little guilty knowing that Kinsey will see all of her "Just Born" photos at the hospital with all of the grandparents, and Baby #2 won't have any of those. Maybe she won't notice....or maybe we will just have to explain to her that the second child always gets the shaft, so she shouldn't feel bad. :P
We still have not solidified a name, however we do really like one in particular which we are leaning towards. That information, however, will remain classified for now :)
As for my health, I still have regular back pain but luckily it doesn't limit my physical activity for the most part. I've gained a total of 26 lb, which is just 2 lbs less than with Kinsey, so I'm happy with that. Our friend, Josh, recently asked me if "I had popped yet". I wasn't really sure what he meant, but I think I know now. My belly button has gone from an inny, to flat, to now an outy...just one of the many attractive characteristics of pregnancy. You can actually see it in this profile picture of my belly:
| 39 weeks! Like the tan discrepancy between arm and belly? |
Although I'm not super stoked about the sleepless nights, I am really looking forward to being able to sit comfortably and breathe while doing the laundry. It's the little things in life.
As for Kinsey and Jordan...they decided to double team me with some sort of virus and have been infecting our house with their germs for the past week. Awesome. So, I've been frantically cleaning and disinfecting the house and cars like a mad woman the last two days which doesn't drive Jordan crazy at all. But if there is one thing I know about myself it is that I do not handle sick kids well. In general I'm a happy mom and LOVE being a mom, but I am never more miserable than when my kid is sick.
*Caveat: I LOVE the extra snuggle time :)
Conclusion: The last thing I need is a sick newborn. So even if all of the skin on my hands cracks and falls off, my house will be germ-free by Tuesday.
![]() |
| My little sickies :) |
Thankfully, Kinsey has handled this cold pretty well and we've still been able to have fun as a family these last few days.
| Hiking |
![]() |
| Playing at Cowabunga Bay |
![]() |
| Pretending to fly like Lizzie from "Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue" :P |
We even got to attend Avery's 3rd Birthday Party at the Herrmian Reservoir....so much fun!
| There has never been a sweeter hug. |
So that is pretty much all I wanted to say at this point. I still have so much to do in order to get ready for our new family addition, including (but not limited to) installing the car seat, packing a hospital bag, and buying cupcakes for the nurses. But the good news is that Jordan and I have already made our Birth Playlist and uploaded it to the iPod. We have our priorities straight.
We can't wait to meet you Baby Girl #2! I'm sure you will be such a wonderful part of our family and pretty soon we won't realize how we ever functioned without you :) Mommy, Daddy, and Big Sister already love you SO MUCH!








No comments:
Post a Comment