What am I up to these days you ask? You know, just chillin with every pair of sunglasses I own on at the same time. YOLO baby.
But that's not all I'm here to write about. Oh no...I'm actually here to defend myself.
You see, a few weeks ago if you would have asked me what the perfect kid looks like, I would have shown you a picture of myself.
For realz. I mean, I generally do as I'm told, I'm sweet and polite, and I don't give mom and dad much trouble. That is, until approximately 2 weeks and 3 days ago. Now, I'm not really sure what got into me. Maybe it's my age, maybe it was the fact that Paps was visiting, or maybe it was the Benadryl that I was guzzling round the clock for these pesky hives I've been getting. Whatever the cause, I was whiny, tearful, difficult, and apparently became a "bear" because that's what mommy kept calling me.
![]() |
| Bwahahahahaha! Stick that in your pipe mom! |
Unfortunately, my bad behavior occurred during my visit with Paps, but fortunately once mommy calmly sat me down and told me that, "If you have grown fond of your arms and legs at this point in your life and would like them to remain attached to your body, you will make a different choice next time you think about yelling in my face" I got the picture and decided to straighten up. Don't get me wrong, I didn't understand a word of it, but she seemed eerily calm and that's never a good thing. So now I'm all back to my normal, happy, well-behaved self. Hooray!!
![]() |
| Here I am burping my teddy just like mommy does with Teagy :) |
Now before I go into detail about our everyday happenings, mom wants me to quickly tell you Teagy's stats. (I'm learning all about "stats" now that it's football season) :)
At her two month appointment, Teags (as I like to call her) weighed 10 lb. 15 oz and was 23 inches long. Exciting, huh?!?
Ok, now back to me.
So as I said before....PAPS came for a visit!!! It was short and sweet (just like me), but I'm so glad that he came! It was like playing with another two year old but only in a 50 year old man's body :)
![]() |
| Sharing his coffee with me. It's like mommy always says...sharing is caring :) |
![]() |
| Get some stamina you two! |
On Thursday and Friday we played in the house, drew outside with sidewalk chalk, went to the park, and went for some walks around the neighborhood! Paps the handyman also took it upon himself to fix everything in our house which I can tell mommy and daddy really appreciated :)
On Saturday we went for a long 2 hour hike and I really enjoyed it...until the wind blew my hair which sent me spiraling into a state of absolute despair and misery. I'm sure you can relate.
And of course after that, it was football, football, and more football with a side of Stuffed Crust with bacon Meatlover's pizza with extra cheese. Apparently Paps doesn't care to see me grow old.
![]() |
| Mom says there's nothing better than SEC football and a sleeping baby :) |
And that was it. On Sunday Paps packed his bag and headed back to New Jersey. I miss and love you Paps and can't wait until you come back so that Mr. D can have a turn in the rocking chair!! ;)
Once we took Paps to the airport, I went on my first solo date with Mommy and Daddy while Teagy stayed home with Ms. Landrie. And guess where we went!?! To the Utah
The only bad part was when daddy almost got into a fight with a man who had no teeth and smelled really yucky. Apparently "carnies" are big fat liars, or something like that.
Ok, that's all I wanted to say so I'll hand it over to mom now. In the words of the great Dora...Adios Amigos!
Hello everyone! Man she talks a lot, huh? Most people can't even believe she's my child ;) And speaking of speaking....Kins has been doing so much that she's almost a pro! "Mom I have something to tell you!" is a regular phrase in our household, and she can now say words like Monitor, Expensive, and even Elevator! Funnily, however, she can't say her S-P or S-T sounds, so Star comes out Dar, Spoon is Foon, and Stuck is Duck. So when her Foon gets Duck and mommy and daddy aren't quite sure what that means, watch out because although she says nothing, her expression says enough. "You're a college grad mommy? I'm not convinced..."
The one thing that I hope she mispronounces forever is Wewwow. So stinking cute.
Jordan and I have decided to put Kinsey into preschool beginning in November as she will then be 2 years, 9 months - the earliest that they will accept them. Unfortunately, the school requires these tiny kids to wipe themselves for pee AND poop. Ridiculous if you ask me, but it is what it is. So I've been trying to teach Kinsey how this whole thing works, but she's not really mowing what I'm growing. In fact, it has just caused a ton of strife and now she doesn't want to wipe herself ever. So each pee turns into a 30 minute battle-of-wills potty session and we are all emotionally exhausted afterwards. Just what I needed.
![]() |
| "You do it mommy!" |
She has also recently come to understand the phrase, "Never trust a fart." While poor Landrie was babysitting, Kinsey experienced her first shart....and now every time she poots (which is quite often thanks to Jordan's genetics) she requires me to "check my panties!" before life can move on.
Wow, she's going to love this post when she's 15.
OK, now that we've discussed all of Kinsey's most embarrassing issues, it's Teagan's turn in the spotlight! There isn't much new to report other than to say that she is still sweet, easy-going, beautiful, and all around freggin awesome. And I have the pictures to prove it :)
Recently I've started reading her books and I'm glad to see that she loves looking at the pictures just like her sister did. Her favorite book happens to be Kinsey's old favorite as well, The Very Funny Frog by Jack Tickle. Jordan and I have read that book 4,000,756 times and I'm pretty sure I'll still be reciting the words in my head when I'm senile and my boobs are hanging down to my knees.
Which leads me to my next topic....
What you are looking at here is 397 oz (3.1 gallons or 24.8 pounds) of breast milk that I took in to donate. Take a moment to let that sink in.
A friend of ours is doing a fellowship in Neonatology and told me about the Mother's Milk Bank. This is a national program where moms can donate their breast milk and it gets distributed to NICUs all across the country. I didn't realize how much more beneficial breast milk is for premature babies, but apparently it is in high demand. Since my freezer was jam packed, I decided to participate and I'm so glad that I did! It's been a great experience and I'll continue to donate as long as Teagan is still nursing. For all of my other nursing moms, check it out if you get the chance!
In other news, Jordan and I have been trying to stay active and have recently been on some beautiful hikes. The weather is absolutely perfect right now and I want to soak it all in while I still can.
We also did our first 5k as a family of four and Kinsey and Teagan did awesome! J and I didn't do so bad either...I was the first girl to finish and we were the first stroller to finish by far!
| We were supposed to dress as superheros for the race so of course we wore our Gator Gear :) |
On top of hiking and running I have a confession to make. I am a wife, mother of two, and currently attending a Pole Fitness class. And prooouud of it.
-Insert snap and head bob-
What I am not proud of, however, is that I now look like I'm an NFL player's wife.
![]() |
| You can imagine how graceful I looked while obtaining these. Oh well, at least it's almost winter. |
Other than that, we've just been spending time as a family. Sometimes having a blast, sometimes pulling our hair out. But through it all, we are learning and growing together and I wouldn't have it any other way.
| Twinsies! |




































No comments:
Post a Comment