| No shame in Teagan's game. |
He only gets about 2-3 hours a day with them as it is, because, hey...we're living the American Dream, right?
So as that loving and caring wife, I set them up on a daddy-daughter date at the Fire Station in our neighborhood along with a few of our dad-friends and their kids.
Since I didn't get to go, I had to ask Jordan how it went. This is the report I received.
Let me set the stage:
It's a gorgeous May day, and Jordan arrives at the Fire Station with a 4 year old and almost 2 year old in tow.
They walk into the fire station and immediately our kids assume it's time to get cray. Teagan is off to the races and since Kins likes to do whatever her little sister does (even though I tell her DAILY that she's the OLDER one and needs to set the example), she totally follows suit. Jordan is already starting to sweat and he's been there under a minute.
So first things first, Fireman John (we'll call him) breaks out the medical box. "Who wants to see some meds!?!?" Apparently Teagan did as she ran over, grabbed the glass bottle of Epinephrine and takes off. Fireman John's response: "Umm, that's adrenaline. I'm pretty sure she doesn't need anymore of that." AKA "You're kid is freaking insane, I'm judging you as a parent."
Next up...the truck.
Going through Teagan's mind: "Look at all these butttttttons!!!"
Going through daddy's mind: "I hate my life."
And lastly, "Who would like to get dressed in fire gear!?"
Of course Teagan would be the one to raise her hand. And weighing in at a whole 32.5 inches, it ALMOST fit.
By the time I showed up (45 min later) Jordan was exhausted and OVER. IT.
The good news is I'm sure that this will be a lifelong, or at minimum, 3-day memory for the kids to enjoy :) Thanks for being such a trooper babe!



No comments:
Post a Comment