Our family

Our family

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

6 weeks old!

I can't believe it's taken me this long to update our blog! I've been meaning to do it for weeks now, but I'm not quite sure where the time goes.

So Kinsey is officially 6 weeks and 3 days old, and parenthood gets more and more fun! She is just cuter and sweeter by the day :) She started interacting with us more the last 2 weeks...making great eye contact and even smiling purposefully! Nothing makes my heart jump like seeing her smile at us on purpose :) She is definitely the happiest when she first wakes up in the morning and that is our favorite time to play with her - before daddy goes to work. She is also getting much better with her head control, and although she doesn't quite get 30 minutes of tummy-time per day, she seems to be progressing pretty well. And growing like a weed! She has already outgrown all of her newborn clothes and we've moved up to the 0-3 months size now...which I have to say is kind of sad - I love her little NB outfits!

Most of you know, I was against a pacifier for a long time, bu we had a fussy day around 4 weeks old and I finally gave in. Now I don't know why I waited so long! :) I was afraid she would become dependent on it, but she hasn't at all. She only takes it every once in awhile and it definitely helps soothe her, so it is worth it. She also found her thumb last week after weeks of trying to shove her entire hand in her mouth. I think she has since forgotten however, because she frequently reverts back to the whole hand method :P

We are so lucky and she is a great sleeper! We moved her from the Pack-n-Play in our bedroom to her own big-girl crib in her room at weeks, and she transitioned without a problem. She typically goes to bed around 10 pm, wakes at 1 and 4 am for feedings and then wakes up in the morning around 6:30-7:30. Works for me! :) She also started taking a bottle at 4 weeks, and though we rarely use a bottle, it's nice to know we have the option :)

We recently flew to Denver overnight with our friends Christy and Clint to see Guster play with the Colorado Symphony. Our friend and neighbor, Chalise, was gracious enough to watch Kinsey for the night and we couldn't appreciate it more! I booked the trip while still pregnant having no idea how hard it would be to leave, and honestly thought a lot about canceling the whole thing. I'm so glad that I didn't! While it was super hard to leave her, we had an awesome time and it was great to spend quality time together as a couple again. The concert was AMAZING and we had a blast with Christy and Clint. Now I can't wait for the next trip we all do!

Jordan went back to work after 1 week so that has been a bummer, it is definitely more fun when we are all together. He has continued to be busy at Onset Financial (where they fund deals), and Swim Squad is ramping up for the season. We have hired our best instructor who has worked for us for 4 years to manage Swim Squad this season. I think that will help Jordan out tremendously, and we both know that she will do a fabulous job.

I am still on Maternity Leave and will be for the next 5 weeks - I can't believe it's already half over! While I love my career, I love being a mom more (something I never imagined myself saying) and it will definitely be hard to return to work. I've also been working hard on further developing/marketing Ring Cling. Soon I will be offering an engraving option as well as the ability to bedazzle it, both of which I think will make it more marketable. I also now have a Ring Cling blog, am on Twitter (@RingCling) and will be coming out with a Youtube video in the near future. I'll keep you posted on that! And check out our blog at: www.ringcling.blogspot.com to read up on how Ring Cling will be contributing to charity - I'm so excited about it!

As far as Gus goes, the poor guy :( He doesn't get near enough attention these days but he is coping well. He seems even more laid back than he used to be (if you can believe that) and I try to take him for walk/jogs with Kinsey and I as often as possible. The weather doesn't always cooperate, but the last few days have been unbelievable here - gorgeous, sunny, and warm so that has been nice.

We had some visitors come and will have more coming. Aunt Courtney came out for a fast and furious weekend and Kinsey was so happy to meet her :)

Take a look at some of the pics I've snapped over the last few weeks!


1 week old - sleepy head!


2 weeks old...and not very happy about the photoshoot!


3 weeks old...and happy to have met Aunt Courtney!!


4 weeks old and taking a bottle from Daddy for the first time!


Still 4 weeks old :) Check out the cute socks!


One of my favorite pics!! :)


First playdate with friend, Millie!


My little sack of potatoes, 5 weeks old :) Oddly, this is her favorite way to sleep 0:)


Catching up on some zzzz with Daddy




Love my little snugglebug - nothing better <3


2nd playdate ever with future boyfriend Colter. He's showing her how to do Tummy-time ;) Thanks for the delicious dinner Christy and Clint!!


Sweet smile - 6 weeks old :)




Mommy's favorite part of the day - BATHTIME! :)

1 comment:

  1. She is seriously gorgeous!! I am glad you are having so much fun :) You guys are such a cute little family. I love the picture with her being a 'sack of potatoes'!

    ReplyDelete