Our family

Our family

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Kinsey Update

Here is a much-needed Kinsey update!!! 

She can now roll over from front to back like a champ and therefore I am consistently defeated when trying to enforce tummy time. She has also started rolling to the side to reach for objects and toys.  She basically reaches for EVERYTHING at this point, which makes cooking with her strapped to me somewhat hairy. 

Kinsey - "Hmmmm...this ear would taste delicious in my mouth!!"  Poor, tolerant Gus :)

She can also stand independently while leaning on the ottoman!
 

We have continued solids and she is doing great! The first time she spit the majority out and I just gave up, but after some coaxing she started eating it and now opens her mouth for more.  So proud 0:) Only 1 more month and I can start to try fruits and vegetables! My cousin gave me a book called Baby Love, so I will be making Kinsey's food - very excited to try it out! 

She had her 4 month pediatrician appointment 2 weeks ago, which actually happened when she was almost 5 months.  She weighs 14.2 lbs (50%), is 24.5 inches long (48%), and her head circumfrence is in the 95%!! So basically she has a huge brain which I'm trying to stuff full of the alphabet, colors, numbers, and animal sounds all day long. :) I just know she's going to bust out in complete sentences any day now. ;)
She smiles and laughs all the time now, and my favorite part of the day is waking her up and watching the huge smile on her face when daddy and I come in the room.  Such a joy :)






First Bandaid! But what a trooper, still smiling :)
Next up - Emily and Aaron visit and we enjoy Independence Day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment