Our family

Our family

Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Loves

So today was Jordan's 30th birthday bonanza! And by bonanza I mean that he had to work this morning, came home late, and we did nothing.  But it was still great, just being together as a family.  And on the plus side, we got to watch UF wipe their booties with some Seminoles, so overall it was a happy day.

Is there anything cuter in this world? No, the answer is no.

Today also marks the very first day that we brushed Kinsey's gums!  Super exciting, I know.  I'm still wondering when those little hard, bony, enamel-covered structures in the jaw are going to show their face.  Or enamel-cover as it might be.

 
The weather has been amazing here, as always.  They don't call it Utah for nothing.  So we've been able to go for runs and walks quite a bit, and even had another trip to the park recently.  Kinsey has been really into sharing her things lately and wants to hand me everything.  It's really sweet and I know that I need to appreciate this while it lasts.  I don't ever want her to be that little you-know-what that runs around stealing all the other kids' stuff, but I know she won't be perfect for forever. Or maybe she'll take after her mom, in which case the previous sentence is untrue. 


So the other day I experienced what I call "stay-at-home-mom-fever" and about had an anxiety attack.  I cannot stay in the house for a full day without feeling a little anxious, or as Jordan calls it "mentally unstable".  I left the other day to get my haircut and I have to tell you, I now know what the term high on life means.  Kinsey is an incredible baby and my favorite little partner to hang with, but it was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. driving in the car alone, pumping some jams, and feeling free.  I called Courtney to tell her how amazing I felt that I was driving alone in the car and she thought I was on drugs.  But when I returned home, this is what I found.  And I was high on life once more :)
 

We had a great play date with Christy and Colter at the Children's Museum last week - it was so much fun!!  They have pretty much everything you could imagine a kid would like and we all had a really great time. I think we will be going back soon :)

Colter looks like a Gator Fan!! :)

Kinsey loves horses already!


Another interesting factozoid: Kinsey watched her first Disney movie, Tangled, a few nights ago (well about 10 minutes of it...not a bad attention span for a 10 month old!) I think I liked it more than she did...I accidentally let her stay up 30 minutes past her bedtime because I didn't want to miss anything :)

Watching Tangled with daddy, so sweet 0:)
 Thanksgiving turned out to be everything I thought it would be and more.  We woke up that morning and headed down to the valley for our first 5k race as a family of 3.  It was FREEZING cold, but Kinsey was bundled to the max and Jordan and I are just champs.  Anyway, Kinsey did great and only fussed here and there throughout the race.  Turns out, we were pretty fast.  I finished 11th out of 240 in my age group, Jordan was 30th out of 147 in his age group, and overall we were 289th and 300th out of 5,100 people.  I was surprised...over 5,000 people?  Craziness.  But such is Utah.  People here are rockstars.


After that we went straight to our friends' Collin and Sara's house and hung out, played some hard-core flag football and then drank the greatest hot chocolate and wassuit that ever existed.  (I wish I had pics of this, but I forgot to take any!! Terrible!) 

After our exciting morning we headed over to Andy and Megan's family's house and had some great food and conversation.  I can't believe what a trooper Kinsey was but she handled the day great and really seemed to have fun with everything.  Overall it was a great Thanksgiving and we are so thankful to all of our friends in Utah who make us feel loved even when we don't have any family out here with us ! :)

Lastly, I'll end with some really sweet pics of the Kins-meister.  Love doesn't even do it justice 0:)


No comments:

Post a Comment