Our family

Our family

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Over the Hill

It's true.  I'm over the hill. Ok, ok. It's a teeny tiny itty-bitty hill.  But a hill nontheless.

I've finally turned one!!! I've been waiting my whole life for this, and just like on my favorite movie Tangled, I was afraid that it might not be everything I had imagined. But rest assured, it was.  All of my friends came, which made it super fun...so I'd like to give a shout out to Colter, Avery, Finn, Bailey and Peyton, Abigail, and Haven, Zeke, and Scout for making my 1st party all I ever thought it could be and more :)


And the decorations were off the heezy!! Mommy went all out, but it's a good thing she's so Type A.  She started preparing everything like 3 months ago, so everything but the cake and balloons was ready to go on the day of :)


I also LOVED that my Grandma and Grandpa came, as well as my Marmie.  The fact that they flew on a plane (something that I know is NOT very fun) all the way here to be with me made me feel so special! And thank goodness they were here...they were a HUGE help to mommy and daddy as they set up and got me all ready in my party outfit.




Pretty stinkin' cute, aren't I?
 Overall, we had a great time...decorating cookies, playing games, and eating food.  Can't go wrong with food and cake, right? 




Actually, because I'm so sweet I left all of the cake for everyone else to eat.  It might have had more to do with the fact that I'm not a huge fan of cake or of getting my hands messy yet.  But we'll go with, it's because I'm sweet and wanted to make sure everyone else had some 0:)

Here are some more pics from my awesome party....I already can't wait for #2 next year!! :)


My family is the greatest!

I love this ball.  It's definitely the little things in life :)
Get a room guys, jeez!!

Showin off my skillz

Opening presents!
Begging Marmie to get me out of this uncomfortable skirt!!


Chillin with the Grandparents
Singing Happy Birthday!!
Alright, now let's back up and talk about my grandparents' visit.  Boy oh boy, am I a lucky girl!?!  I got to spend almost a week with both Marmie and Grandma and Grandpa.  First, Grandma and Grandpa came out on Wednesday and I was so happy to see them.  For the first time I didn't get stranger anxiety and we started playing right away!



Loving some reading time!
It was nice having someone there to take my picture with mommy :)


Laughing with Grandpa is the best!



Sucking on a carrot...yummy!
Trying to absorb the Meher musical gene :)
Love 0:)

Don't judge me by my redneck tooth...
If You're Happy and You Know It Shout HOORAY!!


Quality Grandma time :)


My Daddy is the COOLEST!
I actually look nice and plump in this pic!!
Marmie came on Friday and I had an awesome time with her too!! Unfortunately, mommy really dropped the ball on that one, and we didn't get many pictures of Marmie and I together :( But at least we got these few :)
"You're so silly Marmie!!"
This is how I roll in my highchair
Dancing and Balloons make a girl happy
Thank goodness for modern technology, I just love looking at pictures of myself!
And they don't call Marmie "Paparazzi" for nothing! She got lots of great pictures of mommy and I doing some really fun stuff, including my 1 year doctor appointment (said sarcastically), and trampolining again with Christy and Colter!

Mommy and I read books while we waited for the doctor, so I was all happy thinking this was going to be an easy visit.  Little did I know that I was in for Shot CITY!  I got 3 of them...almost more than I could take.  But at least I got some milk and applesauce afterwards to make me feel all better :)  

Here are my 1 year stats:
Height: 28.8 inches (50%)
Weight: 17.6 lb (5%) Lost a little weight, but we've got a plan to calorie pack...so I'll be on the upswing in no time!
Head Circumfrence: 17.9 inches
Activity: Doing all of the stuff I should be doing :) ALMOST walking independently!
Eating: Whole milk only, and lots and lots of food.

Here are some pics from our fun time with Christy and Colter:

I always have so much fun and this time I picked up two random friends!!


Marmie left on Friday and I was very sad to see her go.  She is a great Grandma and very fun babysitter!! We will see you soon Marmie!  :)


So that sums up my very first year of life.  What an amazing first year it was :)  I can't believe I started out this tiny....

 
And now I'm such a big girl!!

Walking and playing with blocks

Constantly laughing and smiling

Climbing the stairs

And dancing, dancing, dancing!!
 Now on to year two.....Peace out!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment