The next blog post isn't actually Kinsey's 1st Birthday, but instead a tribute.
A tribute to two incredible people. Two people who have dedicated their lives to each other and to their children.
Two people that I don't know from Adam.
And yet, I see their son on TV. Hmmmmm, their son. The Bachelor.
![]() |
| Classy, right? |
A fun-loving, charismatic, down-to-earth, family man...also of which I don't know from Adam.
But let me say this. I don't think that there is anyone, no matter how good an actor, that could pretend to be as awesome as this guy is. There are only 2 guys that I know that rival him...and that would be my dad, the amazing Derek Pike, and my mailman. Just kidding! My amazing husband, Jordan, of course! :)
As I caught up on my Bachelor episode tonight I thought to myself...this is exactly the way I want my son to be with women. Cool, calm, collected. Not cocky, but confident and comfortable with himself. Funny and able to make a girl smile, but also able to discuss heavier issues with ease. A guy who loves children and can't wait to have their own. Someone who understands that beauty will fade (for everyone) but what matters is the person that they are on the inside. And someone who chooses to wear their pants just a smidge too tight.
So I'd like to take a moment to commend you, Sean Lowe's parents. You did it right. And if you, by some crazy chance actually read this, maybe you could share a few tips with me. I don't have a son yet, but when I do, I want some advice on how to produce one like this.



No comments:
Post a Comment