Our family

Our family

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Holiday Cheer Part Uno

Alright people.  December has been quite the happening month for this little family, so buckle up.  This is gonna be a LOOOONG but totally rad post.

It all began with that shoe on the wall Chanukah.  I was all excited to do some awesome Chanukah stuff this year since both J and I committed to putting the most into the Holidays now that we have Kinsey.  Well, I was sorely disappointed when Jordan admitted to me that he didn't know when Chanukah began, didn't know the Chanukah song, and instead of lighting the lights, made us watch Adam Sandler's "Hanukkah Song" on Youtube.  Ridiculous.  However, after doing my best nagging (I know, me...nag?? Hard to believe, right?) we got to light the candles for one night.  And what a night it was :P



After our one night of Chanukah was over, it was on to entertaining our visitors!! We are all about having visitors out here in The Promised Land. And why not have some youngsters come so that we can feel even older than we already do? So, out came Jared (Jordan's 18 year old cousin) and his two friends Cody (19) and Kyle (20).  What sweet, lovely, charming, innocent young boys they are, right?



That's what I thought too.  Until I found these pictures.....







Obviously these are really thugs, masquerading as sweet young men, and they are not to be trusted.  Except for with your child that is :P







All kidding aside, they were excellent house guests and were so sweet with Kinsey. And I think that after 3 feet of perfect powder dumped on us in like 3 days, it's safe to say that they enjoyed themselves.







Here you can see the rail that they built in the backyard. Apparently a chick at Home Depot thought that this gigantic PVC was for "other" uses that I won't name here in my wholesome blog.  Who'd have guessed a Utahn would suggest such a thing?



We are going to miss you guys!!
 
Alright, so while they were here...they weren't the only ones having a blast! Oh no, Kinsey was having a sweet little party of her own at home. Some of the festivities included:

Playing in colored Coolwhip



Playing in mommy's boots



And just being the cutest thing I've ever seen 0:)



So sure, Kinsey was having fun. But on Saturday - that's when daddy and I decided it was our turn!  So, we packed up our gear and headed up to Brighton to get our snowboard/ski on with our friends Collin and Sara.





Other than some crazy wind and snow in the face, it was a gorgeous day and a great time to prove just how out of shape we were. So sore the next day!

Alright, this is the end of part uno....check out part dos which includes our trip to the dirty south coming up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment