Our family

Our family

Monday, May 5, 2014

7 Years of Wedded Bliss....

You may think that this title is loaded with sarcasm, but I assure you that for once, it is not. This day, Cinco de Mayo might just be a regular old Mexican Monday for a lot of you, but for Jordan and I this day is much more significant.  It is, in fact, our SEVEN year wedding anniversary!  



That's right.  7 years ago today, we looked like this: (Before we became inebriated and began to shake our tailfeathers on the dance floor, that is)


On one hand, I can't believe that we've been married for 7 years and together for 12, and on the other hand, I honestly can't remember ever not being with Jordan. To say that I am extremely lucky to have married my best friend is an understatement.  The little 18 year old, puka-shell necklace wearing, ear-pierced boy that I thought was cute has turned into a man who will go shopping with me every weekend, help me clean the dishes, go buy me a bra all by himself, play with our daughter all day long, and has my back no matter how wrong I may be. And I LOVE HIM for it.

Circa 2005? We were so stylish :)
To celebrate this special occasion, I wanted to plan the whole anniversary weekend and surprise him with it.  Soooo, we got dressed up really fancy-shmancy....

This is as fancy as I get considering next to nothing fits me anymore!

Said goodbye to our little Tinklebunny....


And hit the town!! We started at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (how can you go wrong there?) and downed some delicious Oscar-style Filet Mignon.


We then decided to order dessert and realized that they actually give you a free dessert on your anniversary!!! I've never heard sweeter words.  Since our decision-making skills are slightly lacking, we figured we'd order two.  Besides...we don't have to eat it all, right?  

Wrong.

There are a few crumbs left, of course.  We didn't want to look like pigs!

We walked outside of the restaurant and had a horse and carriage waiting for us! It may be cheesy, but I've wanted to do a carriage ride since we moved here and we finally got the chance.  Other than a 10 minute delay due to a local crack-head's dog getting off of the leash and chasing our horse around, it was such a pleasant experience and absolutely perfect weather!



The carriage dropped us off at the Abravanel Hall for a concert aptly entitled Music of the Baby Boomers. No joke, the program description even included this little tidbit: "Dust off those bell-bottoms and get ready to feel young again!" I couldn't have been more excited. 

Dust off those bell-bottoms and get ready to feel young again! - See more at: http://www.utahsymphony.org/concerts/891-the-beat-goes-on-music-of-the-baby-boomers#sthash.aKtvWjzs.dpuf

The concert turned out to be a blast and we both pretty much knew every song and even television theme that they played :)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...we were lucky enough to get frequent updates from Shasha regarding all of the fun that she and Kinsey were having.  I swear, nothing makes me happier than being able to leave the house and Kinsey waving and saying, "Bye bye guys!" without skipping a beat.  We are so blessed with this child!


J and I spent the night at a hotel and when I woke up in the morning I checked my phone, and this is what I saw:


8:59 am! I believe this has happened approximately 3 times since the day Kinsey was born. Utter euphoria.

We drove home both so excited to see Kinsey and she and Shasha were outside as we pulled up.  You'd think she'd be excited to see us too, huh? Well, we rolled down our windows and yelled, "HI KINSEY!!" and she yelled back, "I'm just coloring on the driveway with Shasha!" and didn't even think twice about running to us.  Shut down....by your own child.  Oh well, I just chalk it up to Shasha being so fun :)  

Isn't this sweet?? Shannon couldn't be more wonderful and Kinsey couldn't be happier to hang out with her :)

And that concludes our 7 year anniversary festivities.  

I am so thankful that 12 years ago you held my hand for the first time while watching Dirty Dancing on my door room floor Jordan.  I love you so much and look forward to growing our family and growing old together.  XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment