Well, now you do. So go ahead and book a stay at one as soon as you finish this blog post. I mean, what's not to love about a little RC Cola, moonpies, a tramp stamp, and some cigs tucked neatly into your bra?
That might be slightly exaggerated, but we really did have a trailer park vacation last weekend, and it was a BLAST! It all began a few weeks ago when Kinsey decided that we needed a vacation before her little sister comes, and Jordan and I couldn't have agreed more. So we decided to head to Escalante, Utah with Collin and Sara, Christy and Clint, and their kids. I've always dreamed of staying in trailer park (I mean, who hasn't) and the Shooting Star RV Resort seemed like the perfect backwoods experience.
We loaded up the minivan (yes, we are that family) and hit the road!
Other than waiting in standstill traffic for 1 hour the second we got on the interstate, it was smooth sailing. Kinsey was SUCH a trooper and played with her animals, read books, flipped through pics on my iphone, and got to watch a DVD in the car for her very first time! She was the perfect little road-tripper and there wasn't one tear on the 5 1/2 hour trip :)
We got to drive through some gorgeous desert wasteland as we approached our destination. Utah is so freggin cool with all of it's different climates and terrains contained within one state. I'm positive you could visit somewhere new every weekend and still never see all that Utah has to offer.
As soon as we arrived Avery was anxious to grab Kinsey's hand and show her all of the fun stuff this place had to offer. Like dirt, dirt, and more dirt.
That night we had dinner and roasted smores by the campfire while singing Kumbaya. Minus the singing of Kumbaya.
Kinsey inspected our living arrangements for the weekend and although she definitely approved of her bed and the fun breakfast bench....
she wasn't too thrilled about the prison shower. 5 minutes of "Mama, I don't like it! I don't like it!" can seem like an eternity, but I'm not all about dirt. So, prison shower it was.
We all slept great, and by "all" I'm referring to Jordan and Kinsey. Luckily nobody seemed to notice little ol' me wake up 8 times to either pee or blow my nose. Of course, I'd hate for anyone else to have to suffer along with me (said without any trace of sarcasm dripping from my lips).
Kinsey was our 7 am wakeup call, and it was cartoons and breakfast on the super-exciting bench for her :)
When everyone else was ready they all came to our trailer for some delicious cinnamon waffles made by Chef Jordan with a side of yogurt and strawberries. I never thought it would take living in a trailer for me to get a gourmet breakfast out of him, but apparently I was wrong.
The kids couldn't have been happier sitting at their own little table all together. These 3 are seriously the cutest little playmates that anyone could ask for and we feel so blessed to have such sweet little friends for Kinsey to grow up with!
![]() |
| Avery is such a little diva in those glasses. You probably can't tell but she was totally posing Tyra-Banks-style for this pic. |
![]() |
| Good Heavens. |
After we carb-loaded, we headed over to the Petrified Forest for a quick 2 mile hike with the kids. We were all trying to decide where to start, when we look over and see the kids all holding hands as Avery is saying, "We have to hold hands in the street guys!" They are two years old for crying out loud. You just can't make this stuff up.
The hike was GORG and Kinsey walked about 1/2 mile of it herself. The other 1 1/2 miles were spent in daddy's arms as he sprinkled her with fairy dust and ran with her "flying" around. I was exhausted just watching it happen.
| Seriously, the best daddies anyone could ask for. |
After our sweaty hike, we cooled off by the lake. Fortunately the water was so freggin cold that I just needed to dip my feet in once and my body temperature instantly dropped a good 15 degrees. Kinsey apparently needed to sit in it to get the same effect. Awesome.
Next up, NAP TIME! And no one needed it more than me. After a nice 2+ hour nap, we woke up and Kinsey and I snuggled, watched more cartoons, and ate a snack :) To say that I LOVE moments like these is the understatement of the century.
From then on, it was play, play, play! These kids need nothing more than some dirt and the occasional bubbles to keep them happy :)
And these "kids" need no more than some wood with a hole in it and beanbags to keep them happy.
![]() |
| Collin taking some time to perfect his stroke in a ruthless Cornhole battle with Jordan |
| Seriously? Too cute for words. |
![]() |
| The wifeys :) We may be enjoying some redneck living, but note that none of us are barefoot and only one of us is pregnant :P |
One of the awesome things about our "Resort" was the drive-in movie theater that they have, complete with three 1950's convertibles to watch the movie from. Before the sun went down we took the kids over to take a spin in the cars. What a blast!
We grilled some hamburgers for dinner and then, of course, had to roast smores again. We obviously don't mind being cliche' when it comes to chocolate and marshmallows.
The resort owners, Michelle and Troy, were super helpful for our stay, and to appease the kids they put old Bugs Bunny movies on the big screen. We all snuggled in blankets, ate popcorn, and watched as Daffy Duck got his head blown off 13 times by Elmer Fudd. Forget Call of Duty...Bugs Bunny should be rated M!
The next morning it was sadly time to leave. While I loved the short stint in our trailer, I did have to say a quick "thank you" to Jordan for providing a house with greater than 32 feet of living space for us. I'm almost positive that divorce rates increase exponentially as the space of living decreases. Between Jordan having to squat in order to shower, my belly wacking him with each pass in the "hallway", and not having a dishwasher...tensions could have been high :P But thankfully we have the strength of character to be able to handle anything for 48 hours.
| Reading in the car after our Caveman Breakfast provided by the one and only Clint Flinstone :) |
![]() |
| Saying goodbye to our trailers! |
The ride home was just as enjoyable as the ride there. Kinsey played with her Wuka and watched Tinkerbell for the first 2 hours of the trip. We then stopped for gas and food in Beaver, Utah where we were able to eat outside on a picnic bench and she played with her animals. She napped for the remainder of the trip (along with her mommy), and daddy chauffeured us safely home.
What an amazing time we all had. Jordan and I feel very lucky to have established such great friends here in Utah and are hoping to make this an annual trip. Thank you Clint, Christy, Collin, and Sara for raising awesome kids and being so much fun yourselves! Now I can finally check off "stay in a trailer park" from my bucket list ;)






















No comments:
Post a Comment