While some of you may look at the above photos and think that I have a "problem", I assure you it's fine. I just REALLY like order and neatness and therefore strive to organize everything I come into contact with. Apparently this only becomes a problem if my obsessions are unreasonable (which clearly they aren't), or if it causes marked distress. And just because I may have a "minor melt-down" if one of my duckies accidentally gets slightly moved so that he is facing just a smidge to the left, I don't consider that marked distress. At least for me. Mommy might feel otherwise, but that's ok :) I'm very proud of my work and each time I line my guys up I make sure to have mommy take a picture of it!
And besides organizing everything in sight, I enjoy making sure that everyone is tucked in so they are "comfy and cozy"....day or night.
I've been getting smarter by the minute and to show off my big ol' brain at work, the other day when this song came on the Pandora station on TV I stopped running around and told mommy, "LOOK! His face looks like an oval!" I'm pretty sure I impressed her with that application of my shape knowledge :P
I also pulled a fast one on mommy and daddy when I was singing "I think I can, I think I can" from the book "The Little Engine That Could" as if it were a song. I then stopped and said, "That's not a song...it's a phrase." Where I learned that will forever be a mystery.
Bwahaha.
Some other things I've said lately that mom asked me to include are as follows:
As my guys were falling off the couch - "Look, I'm rescuing them!"
"Mom, your nose looks like a camel."
"Umm, thanks Kinsey. Is that a compliment?"
"I don't think so."
"Shhh! Sheriff Callie is concentrating."
"The hot tub might be broken, but if it is then we can give it a hug and a kiss." :)
"It's just no use."
"Dadda you're my hero!"
"I'm going to cut your hair dad."
And so on and so forth.
Now don't start thinking of me as just some brainy intellectual. No, no. Just when you start to think I'm a brilliant philosopher, I'll do this.
Or this.
And just like that, I'm a regular (albeit very cute) toddler all over again :)
In other news, I've recently mastered the art of winking and I'd like to prove it.
![]() |
| Bet you didn't believe me, but obviously I'm a professional winker at this point. |
I haven't really done that much new stuff, but one thing I did recently do for the very first time was go ice skating! I've wanted to ice skate like Anna and Elsa for quite sometime, and mommy finally got the hint and decided to take me. My tiny skates were the coolest things I've seen in awhile and although mom complained about her back aching for almost 3 days afterwards, I think we both had a great time! And daddy and Teags had a great time bonding in the freezing cold while waiting for us :)
Speaking of Teags, she is still my sister and continues to laugh at everything I do. It's kind of fun having her around and although every time she touches me I automatically assume that she has purposefully tried to pull my hair, hit me, or kick me, I love her and wouldn't have it any other way :)
I think I love her even more since mommy read this book:
I can tell that she and daddy really try to recognize my feelings and welcome them...even when they aren't all rainbows and butterflies. And it's really helped me enjoy her even more than before.
Until the next time she maliciously rolls on me that is.
I've also been trying to be extra good recently because Mommy and Daddy recently gave me a chore chart. When I do all of the following things all by myself, I get a star!!! Then when I fill the whole chart out I get to pick out a prize. So far their manipulation to force me into independence is working and I've already picked out one stuffed animal, Figuero, from the Disney store :)
Besides all that I've just continued to try my best to make my parents proud.
But accidents do still happen!
Anyway, I hear that I might be starting preschool soon, so when that happens I'll be sure to let you know! I'm so excited about making new friends and learning to read that I've been wearing my monkey backpack around the house to practice. I can't wait!


















No comments:
Post a Comment