Our family

Our family

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Ringing in 9 months with a BANG...literally.

So, in true TOTALLY-bad-parent style, I helped Teagy ring in her 9 month birthday with a BANG.  Like smashing your face on the tile floor kind of bang.  Last night sucked.  

But I sure learned a lesson.  

I learned that maybe I should listen when they say, "Don't put your baby on high surfaces."  Because obviously I have paid no attention in the past.





BUT, even though the night ended terribly, she did have a great day and was totally cute and happy as usual. So at least we have that.



There is so much to update seeing as she has changed tremendously over the last month or two.  The one thing that has remained constant is that she is still the happiest little kid that I ever did see.


Until she's hungry.  Then she becomes HANGRY to a level that I've never before experienced.  And this girl can still eat!!  The other night she had more for dinner than I did.  To the tune of: 2 crescent rolls, 1/3 chicken breast, and half a sweet potato.  I know what you must be thinking.  Who gives their 8 month old that kind of food?  I'll tell you who.  Anyone with a rabid baby.  Which I have.

Jordan has complained that I've turned her into a puppy and now she begs for "human" food.  Too bad she IS human, Jordan.  :P

Anyway, she has finally developed teeth to assist her in her quest to eat everything in sight.  Hooray!!

See the two little bottom incisors?


Which brings me to the next change.  I stopped nursing!!

It's amazing how badly I try to hold onto nursing merely to avoid paying for formula and washing bottles, only to realize when it's done how FREE I feel now.  Seriously. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)


I just couldn't keep up with her insatiable demand.  And with teeth on the way, I knew now was the time :)

Unfortunately, the switch hasn't proved to help with her "spit up" problem.  Obviously.
 
We found her happily playing in this lovely pile of gastric contents.  
Just another day in the life.
A little spitup on the forehead, face, hands, and pants never hurt anyone :P

Physically, she has improved tremendously and gets stronger everyday.  Although she thoroughly appreciated all that the bouncer had to offer, 



she has moved on to bigger and better things....like crawling! She consistently gets up on all fours and even occasionally get two little steps in before she goes down.

Sometimes she's happy about this...












Other times, not so much.





She's even started pulling herself up! (although it's pretty infrequent and typically ends with falling over and crying) :P



Look how proud she is!! :)

Because of her newfound abilities, we've had to take newfound action. 

Action #1: Drop the crib before baby crawls out.


Action #2: Purchase shoes that will fit her for approximately 2 months and will be ripped off and eaten every time they are put on.


Teagan is definitely getting smarter and paying more attention.  I swear she knows what "water" is because every time I ask if she wants it, she begins to flail her arms and pant (a typical human response).  But she also knows how to follow commands.  So when Jordan says, "Arms UP!"...this is what she does:



Seeing that she is more conscious of things around her, I've decided that now is the time to start getting her on the potty to poop so as to avoid issues with fear at a later age.  And I'm sure that I don't have the only kid who makes pooping blatantly obvious, so all you other parents out there know how easy it is to spot when they are doing the deed.  So, just like I did with Kinsey, I've started putting T on the potty when I notice that she has assumed the poop stance. 



Not only has it worked, but she obviously really enjoys it.

She continues to sleep well...

no matter what position she is in.

I'm pretty sure her sister taught her how to sleep folded in half :P

So precious 0:)


And somewhere along the way, she learned how to pose for pictures :)

She's not asleep here...she already knows how to pretend!! :P


Other than that, she has just continued to receive love from herself....



as well as every other individual family member :)



This picture brought to you by the letters, W, T, and F.

We love you Teagy!! Happy 9 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment