Our family

Our family

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dia de Madres

I'm going to start this blog post off with something SUPER exciting!!!!  Recipes :)  I know it's not that exciting, but I told you 2 posts ago that I would. And I'm a woman of my word. Sometimes.  

Anyway, they are healthy and super yummy...and I think you'll enjoy. You can thank me later when they change your life. Click Here!

Alright, back to more important things, like me.  :) I kid.

So, this week was pretty standard...play with Kins in the morning and get her dressed and fed, work, then come home and play with her until it's bath and bedtime.  Jordan has been the loving and supportive husband that I thank God I married and brings Kinsey to me at work everyday at lunch.  This has been super fun and they even got to play in my office for a few hours each day! (Notice I say "got to" as if that is definitely the way Jordan likes to spend his days, crammed in a tiny office with a baby waiting on me to finish a procedure so I can come back for 5 minutes before leaving again to see the next patient).


Thanks for the great outfit Fizz!

My Little Mini-Me all ready for a hard day of work which includes: Eating, Tummy Time, Playing, Pooping, and Sleeping




Hanging out in the office
Anyway, I got through my workweek and it was pretty uneventful overall.  (I do have some pretty crazy news about changes being made in our family, but that will have to wait until the next post when things are more finalized and I have actual facts to report.)


My grecian god of a husband has been busy as well. Not only is he taking care of our daughter, but he is also in charge of the yard...and boy is he ever!!  Take a look at his work so far.


(He's a little embarrassed about this picture, apparently the lawn wasn't freshly mowed and there is a dead spot that he is working on, so please forgive him) :P


On to Mother's Day - The best (and only) Mother's Day I've ever had!! I tell you what, I have totally surprised myself with this whole "mom" thing.  I finally actually feel like I mom.  This may sound weird, but for the first few weeks I really just felt like I was babysitting around the clock....babysitting the most AWESOME baby that I love tremendously, mind you, but babysitting none the less.  I've slowly eased my way into this whole thing, which is what I do with most things now that I look at it.

Have you ever seen a sweeter site?

Anyway, Jordan - I mean Kinsey...surprised me in the morning with the sweetest little gift basket and card :) 
This picture was taken when Kinsey was only 1 day old!
Off to a delicious breakfast at the Corner Bakery
Our Mother's Day splurge


Play time 0:)  It's what I live for these days
We spent the whole day playing and laughing with Kinsey and just loving her and each other to pieces.  What could possible be better.  You're right. Nothing. :)

I hope all of you other mothers out there (including my own) had an amazing day! You definitely deserve it.  All of those cheesy saying are true, "It's the hardest but most rewarding job", "A Mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world", "Everyone checks out my mom because she's hott", etc. But I have to share with you the best quote that I can remember seeing to date.  I saw it and cried.  I know, big freaking surprise.  But seriously, when I read this I heard angels and saw butterflies swirling my head.

"Noone else will ever know the STRENGTH of my love for you.  After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."

Thank you Kristine Poyner for finding that, and to Jessica Benjamin for sharing :)  

Alright, stay tuned for my weekend post - a lot of things are about to change around here!!! :) Get Pumped!!

1 comment:

  1. hey girl... for a long time I felt like I was "permanently babysitting" too. I knew I was a mom, but saying "I have a daughter" out loud felt so strange! At 18 months, I still look at her and think, "you're mine?! seriously!? you mean I get to keep you forever?!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete