I want to start this blog off with a little snipet of reflection that I have been mulling over this week.
I love my life. I love everything about it and I absolutely would
not change a thing. I have the husband that I want, the child that I want, the
career that I have always wanted, and I live in the city that I want
to. I am so lucky and thankful that I can say that without batting an
eye. And while I think that, for the most part, each person's life is a
product of the decisions that they have made - that is not always a
fair statement. So many people were not born into a situation where
they were encouraged to grow up, make good healthy decisions, and
succeed. It's sad how some are given amazing opportunities with
intelligent and loving parents to guide them, and some are not so
lucky. I hope that whomever is reading this, that you were lucky. That
you were loved and encouraged. If you were, take a moment to appreciate
it (and maybe say a little thanks to your parents). If you weren't,
know that you can provide differently for your children and break the
cycle.
The following quotes have inspired me this week - they may be cheesy but they speak the truth!
The greatness
comes not when things go always good for you. But the greatness comes
when you're really tested, when you take some knocks, some
disappointments, when sadness comes. Because only if you've been in the
deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the
highest mountain.
-- Richard M. Nixon
The ultimate
measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where
he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
--Martin Luther King,
Jr.
Alright, onto a brighter topic....this week we got a
visit from my aunt Drexell and my cousin Shannon! We had a great time
with them...showing them UT and introducing the mountains. Drexell
taught Kinsey how to speak country and Shannon taught her some physical
therapy stretches and how to almost roll over :) We went for walks
around the neighborhood, and for people who "know they live at sea
level", they kicked butt! 6,200 feet didn't hold them back :)We also went to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point on Saturday and got some beautiful pics! Kinsey thoroughly enjoyed it, although she was only awake for about 15 min of it :P
![]() |
| It was a gorgeous day and a fun time with family :) |
| My loves |
J and I got to go dancing like old times while they were here. It's no :08 and we don't leave at 2:00 am drunk and drenched in sweat anymore, but it's definitely a great way to spend some quality time together 0:)
We were so happy to have them - they cooked and cleaned until they dropped! On my next post I will have a link to all of the delicious recipes that they made :)
Shannon brought Kinsey a ridiculously cute outfit...she is going to be the only little southern belle in UT!
I have been working this week at a hospital that is a little further away from my house and therefore can't make it home for lunch. Therefore J has been sweet enough to bring Kins to me, and it is the best way to break up my day....
I think that Jordan is really enjoying his daddy-daughter time with Kinsey. They have been reading books, working on tummy time, and dancing around the living room to Dixie Chicks (which Jordan has been waiting to do his whole life, I'm sure) :)
Kinsey's new achievments include: almost rolling over,
reaching and grabbing an object, and fist pumping. She continues to
sleep 10-12 hours a night, drool all over everything, and is just a
sweetie all around. Her next Pediatrician appointment isn't until June 5, but I would
be willing to bet that she weighs around 13 lbs now. She has been
eating like a champ - anywhere from 4-5 oz per feeding and it's only
another 2 months before we can start introducing solids....crazy!
![]() |
| So Strong!!! |
![]() |
| Fist pumping champ... |
![]() |
| Naked and Happy :) |
Speaking of the baby - for you moms who read my blog but haven't started
blogging yourselves...NEWS FLASH!!! (I just found this out myself) You
can print your blog into a book! That's right...Blog2Print.com is a
FABULOUS idea! For those of you who are completely craft-clueless like
me, what an easy way to "scrapbook". I will definitely be printing out a book
each year.
I'm so excited for the near future in babyland! I have
so many friends that are having babies! Congratulations to Samantha
Kriesle, who just gave birth to little Hadley :) Next up is Naomi and
Rob, then Rena and Mike, Rachel and Joe, and Sarah and David. Also to be
congratulated is Jen Forsyth who will be getting married in July! I
can't wait for your bachelorette party in Vegas....holla :) - I have to
just quickly say here that it's such a conundrum...going to Vegas to
"drop it like it's hot", but bringing my husband and infant along since I'm still
nursing. Should be interesting to say the least.
My next blog post will be dedicated to Jordan. Our 5 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow and he has truly given me the best years of my life thus far. I am such a lucky girl to have a husband who loves and cares for me the way that he does, and therefore I think he deserves a whole blog post to himself :)
My next blog post will be dedicated to Jordan. Our 5 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow and he has truly given me the best years of my life thus far. I am such a lucky girl to have a husband who loves and cares for me the way that he does, and therefore I think he deserves a whole blog post to himself :)







No comments:
Post a Comment