Mother's Day:
A celebration honoring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society.
Every defintion of a "Mother" is different. Some say that it is a woman in relation to a child to which she has given birth. Others say that it is a woman who raises a child, or perhaps just a female parent.
But motherhood encompasses SO much more. It means responsibility. It means sacrafice. It means LOVE. The greatest love out there. The kind of love that makes getting up 4 times a night for months seem not-so-bad. The kind of love that makes wiping their snot, spit up, vomit, and diarrhea a pleasure. (That might be a bit of a stretch, but work with me people!). And the kind of love that would make you want to rip off anyone's face if he/she hurt your kid in any way.
This is my definition of motherhood:
Taking care of another little person in every way possible: physically, mentally, emotionally, financially. Putting every one of their needs above your own. Teaching them how to be good, strong, independent, productive members of society (I sound like my father here!). It means sacrificing a lot: sleep, privacy, alone-time, quiet-time, spouse-time, work, your body, etc. BUT - the reason that people continue to populate this earth is because of all that your children give you. Along with the sacrifice comes the greatest joy, fulfillment, heart-bursting love, and PRIVILEGE that anyone could ask for.
Yes, it is a privilege to raise a child. There are thousands of couples whose fertility journey is a struggle, and besides the reasons stated above, this alone should make every one of us that much more thankful for our children when they arrive.
I am thankful every day for my little girl. Even when she is screaming in the backseat and making me want to drive off a cliff. Even when she throws a tantrum in a public place. Even when she is sick and I get 0-3 hours of sleep in a night. Even then, I can't get enough.
And so, this Mother's Day post is dedicated to her. Thank you, Kinsey Scarlett, for making me a mommy. I hope that one day you will look back and love the kind of mommy that I am :)
Yes, it is a privilege to raise a child. There are thousands of couples whose fertility journey is a struggle, and besides the reasons stated above, this alone should make every one of us that much more thankful for our children when they arrive.
I am thankful every day for my little girl. Even when she is screaming in the backseat and making me want to drive off a cliff. Even when she throws a tantrum in a public place. Even when she is sick and I get 0-3 hours of sleep in a night. Even then, I can't get enough.
And so, this Mother's Day post is dedicated to her. Thank you, Kinsey Scarlett, for making me a mommy. I hope that one day you will look back and love the kind of mommy that I am :)
| Sweet little bed-head |
| I think her jammies are fitting for the occassion :) |
![]() |
| Best morning hugs and kisses EVER! |
![]() |
| First orange juice! I think she liked it ;) |
![]() |
| First escalator ride, first time coloring at a restaurant, first pickle, first lollipop. A day of firsts! |
| My Little Mini-Me :) |




No comments:
Post a Comment