I was going to title this post, "Push my button" - to which I would be referring to my Reset button (which was in dire need of being pushed). But "Pull my finger" is funnier, so we'll go with that.
These days nothing gets me more excited than fantasizing about....VACATION! (Much to Jordan's dismay) Jordan and I had not had a vacation alone since the birth of Kinsey! And so, for 15 long months we have not slept in, taken naps together, or just done whatever activity we wanted to do without somehow planning Kinsey into the equation. But, that has all changed.
Talk about an amazing RESET.
We decided, along with our friends, Collin and Sara and Clint and Christy, that it was time for a weekend away. And where better to go than warm, southern Utah, followed by an alone trip to Las Vegas, NV? My mom was gracious enough to fly all the way out here to stay with Kinsey until we came home and I have to tell you - I'm not sure who enjoyed it more!?!
And oh how enjoyable our trip was - starting with a beautiful drive down to St. George, UT
Then up the next morning to hike the famous "Angel's Landing" in Zion National Park. The day was perfect and the 6 of us had such an amazing time!
 |
| Great weather + Great Friends = Great Time! |
 |
| Jordan and I are apparently practicing for toilet time. |
 |
| I'd like to give mad props to Christy and Sara for completing this hike while PREGNANT! Hard. Core. |
 |
| See that? Six people have died since 2004. We are freaking DAREDEVILS! :) |
 |
| :) |
 |
| This picture shows how narrow and steep it was, you can just barely see the people in front of us. |
 |
| Unbelievable... |
 |
| Check out this retard - I mean smart and safe person who obviously makes excellent decisions. |
 |
| I laugh every time I see this. |
 |
| This place was a true hole in the wall :) |
 |
| Finally finished! |
That afternoon we were spent! So we rejuvenated with some delicious lunch, played in the hot tub/pool, and then watched The Impossible and cried ourselves to sleep. Well, maybe that was just me.
The next day J and I awoke with excitement abounding as we loaded up and headed down to Vegas for our first time alone!
The drive started off a little rough. Well, at least for this guy:
Really makes you thankful for your health and safety! I heard the firefighter say that everyone got out alright though...thank God!
Our trip was amazing and the details are as follows:
First day:
Gamble, pool, chat with Clive, dinner, gamble, dueling pianos, gamble, bed. We would have gambled more if there were time, but unfortunately there are only 24 hours in a day.
 |
| First order of business: Dance Gangham Style in the elevator |
 |
| Check out the bad a$$ room |
 |
| Hit the pool and reminisce about how old we are and how long we've been in loooove |
 |
| Walk about aimlessly and just enjoy each other's company, the scenery, the second-hand smoke, etc. |
This is the evening that we met a Clive Robertson and when I look back I'm reminded of this quote: "A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets. But now you know there was a man named Jack Dawson Clive Robertson, and that he saved me in every way that a person can be saved (maybe not quite that part). I don't even have a picture of him. He exists now only in my memory."
- Old Rose, Titanic
 |
| With a gorgeous view :) |
Gamble a little more, then hit the sack!
Second day:
Slept in, gym, lunch, pool, nap, dinner, gamble, piano bar, bed
 |
| Yes, we took pics of ourselves working out. It's memories people!! |
 |
| Hot tub time. |
 |
Off for some dinner and craps
|
Last day:
Breakfast, drive home to see Kinsey!
And this is what Kinsey and Marmie were doing the whole time:
 |
| In the words of the Turtles, "So Happy, TOGEEEETHER!!" |
 |
| Smelling the roses at Thanksgiving Point |
 |
| Until next time Marmie :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment