Our family

Our family

Monday, April 7, 2014

Almost 29 weeks and counting!

I was sitting at work last week and suddenly, it hit me.  I'm in my last trimester already!! This pregnancy has really flown by...partly because this little girl has been so nice to me (aka I feel great), and partly because most of my time is being occupied with Kinsey.  Since I'm already almost 29 weeks, I thought I'd better get in one more blog post about this pregnancy before kid #2 already starts to feel shafted in the womb.

This is how I look:

23 weeks

27 weeks

This is how I feel: 




I've been short of breath occasionally, especially when bending over. I seriously feel like I turn blue every time I help Kinsey wipe on the potty, but of course keeping her booty immaculate takes precedence over my oxygen intake any day. 

The toilet and I have also gotten reacquainted with each other as I have to use it approximately 5-6 times/night and at least every 45-60 minutes during the day.  If only I looked this cute when I peed, maybe it wouldn't be such a bother.


Reflux is always something that I've dealt with but pregnancy seems to accentuate it to the tenth power. Jordan especially loves when I actually throw up the reflux that's in my mouth.  I couldn't get any more attractive at this point.

I started being able to feel this little girl move around at about 18-19 weeks.  For the most part she is pretty chill, but occasionally she gets into moods where she moves non-stop for 10-20 minutes.  Last night as I was falling asleep, I realized that she had the hiccups for the first time! Super fun to realize that...and then annoying to try to sleep through it :P

I've been taking long walks when the weather permits, which I absolutely LOVE, but it's slightly uncomfortable feeling my SI joints shift with every step.  I could complain about this, but I'm actually really happy that my pelvis is already starting to loosen up.  I've been thinking about delivery as the days draw nearer and I'm really hoping that this little girl can be equal to or faster/easier than my 5 hours of labor with Kinsey.  I'm just praying for her to not be breach, be little like her sister who weighted 7 lbs even, and to be healthy as a horse when she arrives!

Random pic thrown in just to break up the monotonous words :)

As of my OB appointment last week, I have now gained 17 lbs!! I gained a total of 28 lbs with Kinsey, so I think I'm on track to do about the same...maybe even a little less which would be nice.  I'm starting to feel hungry more often these last few weeks, but part of that is because I can't fit much food in at one time.  I feel like I'm going crazy when I've just eaten 2 hours ago and I'm already hungry again, but such is pregnancy I guess :)

Jordan and I still can't decide on any names yet, and even if we could I wouldn't jinx myself by telling everyone already.  Kinsey is still hoping for Elephant, but so far she can't get daddy to agree.

Speaking of Kinsey, she has been practicing her "big sister" skills lately, and almost has them perfected.  She's been feeding her animals, kissing them when they cry to make it "all better now", and making sure that their every need is met.  



We've had our friends, Tommy, Katlyn, and their 6 month old baby, Christian, over a few times recently and Kinsey has been more attentive to Christian than I expected.  She likes holding his hand, singing him songs, and especially loves tickling his toes.  I'm pretty sure she's going to be the sweetest big sister there ever was.


Other than that, I am just looking forward to wearing those stylish nursing bras and netted underwear, not sleeping for weeks, and getting familiar with my breast pump again.  It's a good thing babies are so cute!!!

Kinsey at 5 days old (and that is Jordan's chest, not mine!)

1 comment:

  1. You look awesome!! I can't believe you feel like a huge cow because you don't look like one AT ALL! But that picture was funny. :) Yay for the 3rd trimester!

    ReplyDelete