Our family

Our family

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sugar Overload....

I've never seen so much candy in my life.  That's two years, two months, three weeks and one day that I have waited to see this much candy.  Easter, you have not disappointed.

But let me start at the beginning.  Easter really began for me the weekend before Easter when our neighborhood held their annual Easter Egg Hunt.  Boy was that intense!!  We showed up 10 minutes early and joined the 100+ other rabid kids who were raring for a sugar high.  But I got to wear my Ariel shirt (under my jacket), my monkey backpack, and my orange and blue Gator Crocs, so I was definitely one of the coolest kids there. 


This makes for a fun game of "Where's Waldo"

I have to be honest here.  The egg hunt was pretty lame.  There was so much hype about this, and it was literally over in less than a minute.  I got about 7 eggs total, and all of them were filled with stale Now-n-Laters that I can't even eat. So overall, I give it a D-.  However, I did get to pet a REAL LIVE bunny and that made it totally worth my time!! I was extra gentle with it - just as instructed, and I know it loved me just as much as I loved it :)
 

The rest of the morning was way more awesome than the hunt! I got to play on the playground and climb "all by myself!!!", met the Easter Bunny, and then ran around a huge field while daddy chased me.  Seriously, does life get any better??






The next weekend was actually Easter weekend, which started off with a bang! Ahhhhh yeah...mommy and daddy took me to Scheels to get some new sunglasses!  You see, I broke my other two pair about 3 weeks ago and therefore I've had to wait patiently for replacement lenses.  In the meantime, I've just been screaming, "Too bright, too bright!!!" as I stare directly into the sun whenever we drive anywhere.  And my brilliant plan entitled "Annoy-mom-and-dad-until-they-buy-me-new-sunglasses" has finally worked. We went to my second favorite store, Scheels, (1st favorite being Costco, of course) on Saturday and not only did I get new shades, but I also got an awesome Under Armour outfit that I had to put on as soon as we got in the car!! I was lookin' FLY.


That night, we planted Jelly Beans in the backyard before I went to sleep.  I was so excited to see what it would grow the next day!


When I woke up Easter morning, mommy and daddy came and laid in my bed with me and we played with my new "tick tock" for about 15 minutes.  It plays all sorts of songs, lights up, and makes funny animal noises too. It's my favorite thing at the moment, but we all know what I consider "my favorite" changes more frequently than Lady Gaga's hair.

About 15 minutes later, I was greeted by Shasha and Jakie as they were eager to get the Egg Hunt underway! We went downstairs where I got my Easter basket and then went to the basement where Shasha had hid about 20 eggs for me! I couldn't believe my luck! Mom is so "reasonable" (as she puts it) and only put in 3 jelly beans per egg. I MUCH prefer Shasha's generosity as she put in about 15 beans per egg! I will be eating this stuff until next year...but ask me if I mind.  ;)


We went to the backyard, and there I discovered my very first miracle.  My jelly beans had grown into lollipops!!! Mind. blown.


We continued our hunt in the front yard and afterwards took the opportunity for some cute photos. You can't ever have enough of those :)

Love my big brother! :)

Put my lollipop down and smile for the camera?  In your dreams, sucker. (Pun intended)

After all of the Easter morning shenanigans were over, I decided I needed to go on a hike.  So, we all got dressed and headed across the street.  Mom was excited to get some exercise...but I had a more slow paced, stop-and-look-at-every-rock-and-insect kind of hike in mind.  We made it about 800 yards in 30 minutes and then headed home for my first egg-dying experience.



Wearing my cool new yard gloves and showing off my green tongue :)

Dying eggs was great fun! I got to wear the new apron that Mimi gave me since I wasn't allowed to wear clothes besides my undies.  Apparently mom doesn't trust my dexterity, but little does she know.

Dying with mommy and stickering with daddy :)

Good Heavens I'm cute.

I actually enjoyed the fruits of my labor and ate an entire hard boiled egg after dying was over. I ate the entire thing...yolk and all which was apparently surprising to mom and dad, but I thought it was delish.


After naptime we decided to visit the park.  So I dressed in my favorite Gator outfit and we went swinging and sliding to my little heart's content.  What a jam packed day!




And that pretty much sums up Easter 2014 for me.  Needless to say, I LOVE Easter and I hope that you all had a great one too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of Kinsey bending down to look at the real bunny rabbit. The Easter Bunny looks extremely creepy, though! lol really cute idea about the jelly beans growing into lollipops--that's a new one to me! May just have to steal that for next year ;)

    ReplyDelete