Our family

Our family

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Who Runs The World?? GIRLS!!

You know what they say....


Thankfully I get to see this everyday as I work with the most positive group of successful female entrepreneurs that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.  

But after my 5 day #GIRLSTRIP to Austin, TX in September, I'm going to coin a new quote: 

"Behind every mom who's gone for more than a day is a screaming child and a husband with some booze." 

Exhibit A:


I have to say, that was a fun text to get.

But I wasn't about to let that stop my fun!! This was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to get out of the house, fly kid-free, and keep Austin weird with my gorgeous Rodan + Fields clan.  It was on.

First awesome thing about the trip....flying ALONE.

Second awesome thing....meeting new people!!


Third awesome thing...reuniting with my old friends!! 
(And using Uber for the first time! #Sogladwedidntgetkidnappedandendupinaditch)

Awkward Uber car selfie

Fourth awesome thing....our digs! If you're ever in Austin, you MUST sojourn at the JW Mariott. See how sophisticated I am? Not only did I stay at the JW, but I also use big words now.


A girl's trip for me has been LONG overdue, and we sure made up for my lack of girl time over the last 10 years.  We hit the gym:




Hit some fancy restaurants/bars with our Taylor-Swift-lips on:




More friends that we met along the way! Diana and Janelle are from NY and Janelle actually became an R+F ambassador because of how amazed she was with what Soothe did for her child's eczema.  I LOVE hearing stories like that!

We listened to some amazing stories about how Rodan + Fields is affecting change in our skin, our lives, our communities, and our continent!! 

We took more selfies (because what else are you going to do when you're having fun!?!)


Watched Britney Spears' mom walk across the stage (who knew she was a consultant?!?) and then found out that ALL of these famous people (and many more) use/represent R+F:



This business and these products are for anyone with skin. Women and MMA fighters alike!

NFL Players, Actors, Police Officers, Accountants....all R+F consultants. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what an amazing brand, company, and opportunity this is!

Discovered that we are among the top premium skincare brands like Lancome, Clinique, and Estee Lauder - only with our average annual growth of 106.5% vs theirs (between 4-6.2%), we are expected to the the #1 premium brand by 2019!

 

And then we learned that R+F will be launching in yet another continent in 2016.  

Can. Not. Wait.


Other than that, we enjoyed some awesome Austin food trucks...

Meet Javi. Could've sworn our Uber driver, Lawrence, said his name was Harvey...but that's neither here nor there. Fact is, he let us skip a 2 hour (yes I said TWO HOUR) wait in the hot sun at La Barbecue Food Truck...for some meat. It was good meat, but there is no meat on God's green earth that would make me wait 2 hours.

I hung in a tree because I obviously hate drawing attention to myself.


And had a blast with my girls :)



Lexus earning team right there baby!!

After a entire 120 hour period we had finally tired from our excessive selfie taking and were ready to head back home to our sweet kids and handsome men.  


This trip definitely doused lighter fluid on the already burning fire I had in me.  I know what I'm doing is important...for myself, my family, my customers, and my business partners.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity and so eager to see where it takes me!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment