Our family

Our family

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Cheap Flights

So what's a family to do when they get inundated with Frontier emails titled, "CHEAP FLIGHTS" on a daily basis? Trick question. The correct answer is "Get off the email list of temptation", but instead we choose to surf through them and fantasize about all the places that we could go visit...but really can't.

So when we found round-trip flights to Chicago for $278 for our ENTIRE family, we knew we had to scoop it up.  Sure, it meant traveling with our awesome, never-whiny, totally controllable children. But since they're basically tiny angels, Jordan and I were pumped.



The girls were pumped too. These two seriously LOVE flying! Teagan does have somewhat of an issue sitting still for any period of time longer than 57 seconds but we're working on that and I'm sure by the time she's 2, she'll be a seasoned vet.

When we arrived, we were shown the royal service.  

First stop: County Line Orchard for apple picking! Just squish 8 people and 4 car seats into a nice, comfy 7 seater minivan for a one hour drive to Indiana, and let the fun begin :)



It was FREEZING but somehow we survived. Any potential child meltdowns were avoided with snacks, chocolate, and a few shark toys :)






This is what I call a "candid" family photo.

I swear I could hear her silently screaming, "GET IN MY BELLY!!" I believe she was referring to the apple AND the snot.





The car ride home was extra special as Jordan got to use his really high laugh voice. 

Who doesn't love that?? 

I know I do.



We spent the rest of the day and some of the next playing around the house and taking cute pictures of the kids.










Teagan and Lyla are sharing their FOOD. Must be true love!

One of my favorite events of the weekend was visiting the Maggie Daley Park! Not only did I get to totally rock Dale's pimp ride (that car has never seen a better stick-shift driver) but the kids AND the adults had an awesome time!


OMG.



Based on a show of hands, who thinks Jordan had more fun than the kids?


One of the highlights was the pullup contest that Dale and I had. I actually almost won which I'm not sure if that means I'm awesome or Dale is REALLY out of shape. But the coolest part was that we started a trend. Or...almost started a trend. I watched a bunch of people attempt to jump up in order to do what we were doing, but unfortunately none of them could jump high enough to even grab the bridge in the first place. It was the perfect demonstration of what it means to be American. 





We were all exhausted from our big adventure to the park, so after a smidgen more play time...


We all relaxed....

This little girl LOVES her daddy!

And took a nap.  

Some of us took a nap with a dirty diaper on our lap and our hands down our pants, but I won't mention any names.


It was our last night there, so we got the kids bathed, fed, and in bed...

This was what happened when I said, "Hey kids...do something to look smart."




And hit the clubs!! 


Just kidding, we're over 30.  So we spent a wild night eating dinner at STK!  It was glamorous AND delicious...the perfect combo :)

This was Selfie #38. We had a REALLY difficult time getting it right.

We got home as early as possible so as to be able to function when all of our kids woke up at 6:30 am.  Anyone else think the real need for the babysitter is the morning after you go out?


We hit breakfast at Arbor, a place that is near and dear to Dale and Jess. It was AH. MAZING. Seriously, my mouth started salivating when I inserted that link. If you ever go to Chicago, it's a must!! 

We took that time over our scrumptious portions of food to really reflect on such a wonderful trip and our kids took that time to do everything in their power to embarrass us.  


I LOVE how Kinsey is the big sister/helper in the picture :) I could eat her!

After breakfast we got to meet up with one of my favorite people and longest college friendships, Meggles!! Apparently I didn't get any photos, so I'll just include an oldie but goodie ;)



That meeting must have been serendipitous because I knew Jess, and Jess knew of an Urgent Care Center looking to hire a Physician Assistant.  And since Megan just graduated PA school and was looking for an Urgent Care job, it worked out perfectly. I just found out this week that she got the job! So thank you Jess, and YAY for Megan!!

It was then time to leave Chicago and head back home. We started off really excited to take the train...


And after lugging 2 kids and 2 suitcases through the train station, riding for 45 minutes, and answering some really embarrassing and very loud 3 year old questions in front of all the strange people surrounding us, we ended up a little less than enthusiastic. 


But we made it home and we're already looking forward to our next time in the city! It's all about the Benjamins ;) Love you guys XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment