Our family

Our family

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas is like a Fine Wine

I've discovered that Christmas is like wine: It gets better and better with your kids' age. This was our second Christmas as a family of four and I would definitely say that it was the best one yet!!


Christmas Eve was spent at the Merriest place in all the land: Costco.  Kinsey picked up a sweet Ninja Turtle Jacket, and it's FINALLY one that she'll actually wear out (although when she makes faces like this we don't necessarily want to take her out)  :)


It was a VERY white Christmas...


so we played in/waddled through/cried in the snow:

This is what sliding into 4 feet of powder "IN THE FACE!" looks/feels like.



We also baked cookies for Santa, left his reindeer some carrots, and wrote the cutest note of all time:

(Kinsey wrote this note all by herself with just a little help from me sounding out the letters - Thank you Mrs. Sharon and Mrs. Rachel!)

After that it was time for our traditional MFCEJU (also known as the Meher Family Christmas Eve Jammie Unveiling)!


The kids could barely stay in the bath for 2 seconds so they could hurry and put their new Minion PJs on!


They both got in bed early since the quicker they got in bed the quicker Santa would come. Unfortunately that actually backfired as Kinsey was SOOO excited that she couldn't fall asleep. Around 9:30 pm I hear super loud whispers on the monitor..."Mom, mom, moooooom! I'm having a rough time going to sleep!" It was ridiculously cute, so I laid with her until she fell asleep 0:) 

When we woke up in the morning we discovered that Santa had made it through all that snow and totally delivered!!!



Kinsey got Dinosaurs, Spider Man, and Race Cars...


And Teagan got a princess dress up set with accessories, baby dolls, and finger-painting supplies!


We spent the rest of the morning watching Inside Out... (excellent movie which I highly recommend and comes with the cutest Short called "Lava")


and finger/mouth painting. Turns out Teagan may still be a little young for that particular activity :P Hopefully that stuff isn't toxic....


We went to Joe and Rachel's for wonderful Friendsmas Dinner (I totally thought I invented the word "Friendsmas" until I Googled it and realized that's actually a thing) where the kids could run freely and we could have some great adult conversation :) 



Overall, it was a WONDERFUL few days and I'm so thankful that I have such a sweet family and such great friends to share it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment