Our family

Our family

Saturday, December 5, 2015

How to Lose a Pound in 15 Seconds

We're having somewhat of a gender identity crisis in our family. For the past few months, Kinsey says that she's a boy, that she wants to be a boy, that she only likes boys, and that she wants to tinkle standing up. She LOVES dinosaurs, cars, trains, and athletic clothes and HATES...I repeat, HATES, having her hair down. I literally take her hair down the second before she steps in the bath and upon existing the bath there are immediate, forceful, emergent requests to pull it back up. Soooo, I may have accidentally said one day, "Do you just want to cut your hair like daddy's!?!?" To which her eyes lit up like Christmas morning and she squealed with delight..."YES!!!" 


Gosh dang it Meredith.  

I thought long and hard about it. Yes, she's only 3. But this can teach some great lessons. It can teach her that she has control over her own life (albeit a very small amount of control). It can teach her consequences to actions (ie it takes a LONG time to grow hair back).  And it can also teach her that, although her mommy and daddy like her hair long, what really matters is what SHE thinks...not anybody else.

So today we made the decision to whack off her hair. And while we were at it, we whacked off mine as well. 



In a matter of 15 seconds, we both lost about a pound of hair and years of the hard work it took to grow it out.  


On the bright side, we had enough to donate...so some other little kid out there who actually wants to have hair, can.  She did great, and I'm so incredibly proud of her 0:)


I think we both feel like new women. Or a new woman and a new boy as she'd have it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment