Our family

Our family

Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Visit from the Benjamins

So, what could possibly be any better than having a little toddler running around the house all the time?!?  

You guessed it.  How about TWO toddlers running around the house all the time??  :) (Ok, so maybe Shannon and Jake won't agree. BUT, we love them for putting up with the constant barrage of tiny-yet-somehow-loud-as-heck footsteps we had going on up here)

We were lucky enough to get a visit from the Benjamins last weekend and although they were only here for two nights, it was two nights we will never forget.  Well, maybe that's overstating it, but I like the drama that sentence provides :)

First things first.  Give Jack a pink sippy cup and watch his manhood come to life:



We didn't want to waste any time as we only had 2 days to get in all that Utah had to offer.  So we got diapers changed, butts cleaned, and headed out to eat something that Utah is very well known for.  

Sushi.  

What?


Look how much fun they are having! We had to ask them multiple times to bring it down a notch.


Nothing like awkward family photos at a Japanese restaurant to complete your dining experience


A year ago I would've said, "I'll never let my child lay on the floor of a restaurant!" Today, I would slap myself a year ago. If it means I actually get to eat, it's happening.


Next up, BATH TIME!! Boy did these two little kiddos have fun.....



Until this.....



Which led to this....



It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.  Or splashed in the face with water. Either way bath time was over.

The next morning we awoke to these little cutsies in their jammies. Kinsey and Jack were there too.  ;)



Jess and I wanted to go work out, so the daddies were left to their own defenses. Other than a disaster in the living room, dishes everywhere, and kids still in jammies without teeth brushed, we returned to a house that wasn't burned down and children that were still alive.  I consider that a success.  :) 

We all got ready (ie, Dale put on a shirt that was too tight and I sported my staple hat) and we headed up to Octoberfest at Snowbird.  That place is AWESOME. 

We ate some yummy hotdogs, rode the tram up to 11,000 ft, hiked around, and rode a ski lift back down.  By the time we were done, the kids were beyond needing a nap but they were troopers and I think enjoyed it overall!







Best friends holding hands or sworn enemies fighting over the pole? You decide....

It's sad but the only caption I can think of here is, "Work it!" Which is wrong on so many levels.







We went from Snowbird to one of my Radiologist's house for a pool party.  The party was so much fun and the kids LOVED the pool, but unfortunately so did I. Therefore, we have no photographic evidence of all the fun.

We do, however, have evidence of how much fun it is to ride in our car:



That night we caught a beautiful sunset and left the kids behind to enjoy some quiet time at a nice, peaceful dinner in Draper.  Shout out to the photographer, Dale, for capturing this gorgeous picture! Please excuse the fact that I'm standing like a man.



The next day was already their last, so we wanted to make it good.  Therefore, we....

WENT TO THE PARK!!  Oh yeah.  The life of a parent with a toddler. Freggin exhilarating.













And that is the sweetened condensed version of our delectable weekend with the Benjamins.  Yall come back now, ya hear!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment