So we started our drive on Friday morning and subsequently stopped to eat breakfast.
But first, Let me take a selfie.
Because, who doesn't take gas station selfies?
Losers, that's who.
![]() |
| Gas station sunglasses are the bomb. Obvi. |
Our road trip then resumed, and as Jordan's co-pilot on this Magic Carpet Ride, it was my job to take another selfie.
I take my job very seriously.
Of course, no trip for the Mehers is complete without a visit to Costco.
And no trip to Costco is complete without yet another selfie.
We arrived at the Aria Resort and Casino (which, by the way, is the most amazing hotel EVER, complete with the most comfortable bed and pillows you will ever have the pleasure of laying in), and immediately took a selfie.
We then made it to our room, and were definitely not disappointed by the view.
Switching gears here, our babysitter, Landrie, doesn't have FaceTime, so we communicate with Kinsey via videos. We received this video from her on the way to Vegas:
And naturally, this was our response:
We are the
Ok, back to the story.
It was time to complete our first objective: Hit the pool.
The pool was heavenly. We got food and drinks, relaxed, hit the hottub, and didn't worry about anyone but ourselves. A dream come true.
![]() |
| I'd like to thank the bad spinach I ate on Wednesday for giving me the worst vomiting and diarrhea of my life. Thank you, spinach, for getting me bikini ready. #totallynotworthit |
And what always comes after drinking at the pool?
The most glorious 2 hour napping session than anyone could hope to experience.
This was followed by dinner and drinks with a great old friend, Dapo, and his beautiful new wife, Kemi!
![]() |
| Just because you're a mom of two doesn't mean you have to dress like one. At least not in Vegas, baby! :P |
Kemi and I were great sports (especially Kemi who is 19 weeks pregnant!) and stood on our blistered feet for an hour while our husbands lost all of their money at the Craps Table. It was everything I had hoped the night would be :P
We didn't go clubbing because I got incredibly plastered.
Just kidding. This is Jordan and I pretending I'm dead as a joke for passers-by. We are so hilarious.
This girl, on the other hand, wasn't just pretending. Looks like she had LOTS of fun that night. #itwascomingouthernose
We got to sleep in Saturday morning and then started the journey back home. We only stopped for the incredibly delicious and nutritious meal of Jimmy Johns and Taro Bubble Tea.
| Oh, sweet Bubble Tea. How I've been longing for you for YEARS. You didn't disappoint :) |
We were so grateful for our perfectly enjoyable time away, but also totally pumped to see the kids and return to life as usual.
And all in all, I'd say that there is one lesson learned from this little getaway.
It's definitely time to invest in a selfie stick. #Noshameinourgame












No comments:
Post a Comment